VoIP/SIP Brute-Force Protection
RdpGuard protects your VoIP server from brute-force attacks on SIP protocol. It monitors one or multiple SIP ports and blocks attackers IP addresses when the number of failed login attempts reaches the set limit. Check out the instructions below to learn how to enable and configure brute-force protection for SIP protocol.
To enable and configure SIP brute-force protection
1. Start RdpGuard Dashboard and click on the link next to VoIP/SIP
VoIP/SIP Protection Link in RdpGuard Dashboard
SIP Settings dialog will open:
SIP Detection Engine Settings
2. Select traffic monitoring method for SIP protocol:
The following traffic-based methods are available:
- Raw Sockets - Does not work on Windows Server 2008 or with firewalls.
- WinPcap - Works on all Windows Editions, WinPcap must be installed.
3. Specify SIP port
You may specify one or multiple comma-separated ports for SIP traffic monitoring.
4. Click Save to save changes. RdpGuard service will be restarted.